Organic Basics: Ethical and Sustainable Underwear

organicbasics7.jpg

Do you ever put on a matching underwear set and you suddenly feel like you have your life together and you're ready to face the day? That's how I feel in Organic Basics. Read on to find out more about this ethical fashion brand producing underwear and basics for people passionate about simple, sustainable design.

organicbasics3.jpg
organicbasics2.jpg

"We think that the fashion industry is a real dirty bastard, but fortunately, there’s a better way of doing things."

Organic Basics was started in 2015 in Copenhagen, by four Danish friends. The brand's goal is to minimize the impact our fabrics have on the environment, the factory workers, and on the human body; so they put sustainability at the heart of everything they do, both environmentally and socio-economically. 

The bras and t-shirts are all made of 95% premium long fibre organic cotton. The remaining 5% elastane is for stretch and to stay well fitted all day long. The organic cotton, certified by GOTS and harvested in Turkey, provides a super soft and comfortable sensation. All Organic Basics products are produced in local European factories which comply with strict sustainable guidelines and work constantly to counteract waste and pollution.

The Scandinavian style of the designs, all 'basics' which never conform to trends and seasonal collections, means that they are made to last and work with everything in your wardrobe. What's more, the packaging is minimalist, beautiful, and eco-friendly too. The waste of packaging materials is enormous and it will stay around for a long time, polluting the world, so this brand refuses to contribute to more plastic ending up in our ocean and nature by sending you 100% recycled and biodegradable packaging which you will want to reuse all over again. Plus, Organic Basics encourages you to wash less and wash better to battle the epidemic of negative environmental impact through at-home laundering.

organicbasics8.jpg

"Sustainable fashion is not just a trend, it’s how we’re going to build our future."

I'm not going to lie, these pictures were really hard to take, edit and post, as I am far from body confident. But how can I promote underwear without actually showing me wearing it? I am learning to accept my body for what it does do, not what it doesn't look like. And as much as I love clothes, wearing something beautiful and ethically sound underneath can make your outfit so much better, and maybe make you feel beautiful, too.

I am wearing the black triangle bra (£30), and the black organic cotton t-shirt (£28), both kindly gifted by the Organic Basics brand. If you fancy investing in some high quality, ethically made, 100% organic underwear like this, you can use my exclusive Organic Basics discount code! To get 15% off your order, simply head over to organicbasics.com and enter the code: urbanityxOB15